Wednesday, December 3, 2008

LoLo feels the Holy Ghost



LoLo had a rough morning this week. He told me he was sick, so I said he could stay home from school. Throughout the morning he kept teasing Londyn mercilessly. When I got out of the shower I could hear Londyn screaming and crying. He was sitting on her back, not letting her get up. I put him in time out for the second time in an hour. Afterwards I told him "you are going to school. You are obviously well enough." Oh boy, he was so mad. He said all sorts of hurtful things like "I don't ever want to be near you" and "I don't want you to be my mom." I took him to his classroom with him stomping and storming the whole way. That night for family home evening, Xassar told him how awful it was to speak to me that way. (He is really good at making sure the kids respect their mother.) I told LoLo that he had hurt my feelings. During the whole conversation Lo-Lo was playing with a paper towel tube. Finally Xassar said "listen to me, look at me. I want you to know that I love you. You are my son forever. I want to be with you forever." Lo-Lo teared up and I could tell that his heart was touched. He came and hugged me and told me he was sorry. "I love you so much," I told him. "Mom, could you hold me up tight so I can put my legs around you?" This is a boy who doesn't cuddle. We held each other for a good half hour and watched the Wizard of Oz. We talked about the feeling he had and how it was the Holy Ghost. I am so grateful for that tender mercy. I hope LoLo remembers that experience. LoLo, I love you!

1 comment:

The Jensen Family said...

How sweet is that! Thanks for sharing, today we had the same thing happen in our home. My son told me to pack up and leave and he hoped that I would never come back. Later, when it was time for bed he said "Mom, I love you and I don't ever want you to go away" I laid in his bed with him and sang lullabies until he was asleep (rare for me to do). It's good to know that I'm not the only mom who gets booted out every so often. I love the tender moments.