Monday, November 10, 2008

I've been tagged- thanks Alisa


Okay, I am supposed to write some things here. Strange things about me? Things people may not know? I'm not quite sure what to do. So here goes:

1. I am a licensed nail tech in the state of PA. I went to beauty school at night after working my full time job. Since John was busy with homework and dental school, I figured I might as well be really busy too. The school was awful and I really didn't learn a whole lot. But at least now I can flash my license at the beauty supply stores and get a discount! Hair products can be expensive!

2. I don't like potatoes. We had baked potatoes all the time growing up. They were always so dry and yucky. I don't buy or make potatoes. When John gets potatoes it is a real treat -poor guy!

3. I graduated with a double major (french & technical sales) with a 3.9 average. Toot toot! (yeah, that's me tooting my own horn.) I love the french language and it came easily to me. I was ultracompetitive in class with all the RM's. I've never lived in France, maybe someday we'll go on a mission or something.

4. I love cats. I always had one growing up. My cat during my school years was Penelope. I loved that calico cat. I was always excited to see her when I visited home on the weekends during college. One time I came home (this is when John and I were engaged) and I couldn't find her. I kept calling her. I finally asked point-blank "mom, where is Penelope???" She then proceeded to tell me that she had gotten sick/old and they put her to sleep that week. I was completely devastated. I remember sitting on the basement steps sobbing uncontrollably. It was so awful because I didn't get to say goodbye! I was so mad at my mom for not telling me beforehand, for not letting me BE there! (My mom is not an animal person. She wasn't trying to hurt me, she thought she was protecting me.) There is a place in my heart for sweet Penelope. I still feel pain at not being there for her when she was put to sleep. Hopefully I will see her again someday.

5. This goes along with post #4 I REALLY WANT A KITTY. I keep pestering John to let us have a cat, but he keeps putting his foot down :( I want a hairless Rex cat, or a really really short haired one.

6. I love any kind of chocolate and mint combination. Junior Mints are my fav! I was sad that the kids didn't bring any home on Halloween.

7. I am still close to my childhood friends. Jenny and I have been friends since she was 6 months old and I was just born. The other three have been with me since elementary school. Oh boy do we have some funny old pictures! We still try to get together once a month.

8. I read the newspaper every morning. I feel incomplete if I don't. I never miss the tv reviews that Scott Pierce writes. I usually eat a bowl of cereal while reading it. FYI-my fav cereal is Rice Chex with sliced bananas on top.

6 comments:

Alisa said...

See Michelle - that wasn't so bad! And I had no idea that you are fluent in French and can do nails! You are a woman of MANY talents that's for sure. And I know that if you keep on John he will eventually give in. Tell him its either a kitty or a baby, his choice.

Trishelle said...

Junior Mints totally remind me of YOU! I love that you read the newspaper and are a nail tech....I didn't know that!

Funny story about Penelope:

When I was living there while going to SLCC, I was down in my room one night. Penelope was sitting on the bed and I was doing sit ups.

She kept watching me, showing no signs of agitation when suddenly, she whapped me upside the head! She then got up and sauntered out of the room. I think I must've thrown off her groove or something.

I remember talking to you on the phone that sad day. I was so sad for you!! I hope you get a kitty for Christmas.

PS What are your Thanksgiving plans?

Michelle said...

Thanks for that story! I think we are having a Bishops Thanksgiving this year.

Michelle said...

Alisa, the kitty or baby thing wouldn't work. He definitely wants another baby! lol (I do too.)

Alisa said...

So...is this some kind of anouncement Michelle??? Well, your right... I guess my evil baby or kitty plan woudn't work with you crazy baby-making Bishops.

Hey - dont forget to tag some people!

douglas said...

John will give into a kitty just tell him no baby making sessions..LOL!!