Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Family Home Evening




Last night we had FHE. Xassar got out "Dr Drill n Fill" for the kids. They got to make play-doh teeth and fillings. We talked about work and jobs and how we work to get money. We are introducing a chore chart and "commissions" for the kids to earn. Here is a sample of the conversation:

X: So kids, who is a dentist?

LoLo: You are!

X: Right. So why is daddy a dentist?

Me: Why is daddy a dentist instead of a fireman?

LoLo: Because learning to be a fireman is too hard. Daddy, if a fireman saves you, do you have to pay him?

X: Um, yeah I guess you do. So, I am a dentist so I can earn money. Why do I need to earn money?

LoLo: So you can pay the fireman?


Ha ha, we got a good laugh.

7 comments:

Miriam Lee said...

I am loving the MUSIC!! I love to checkout the music on everyone's blog!! Welcome to the blogging world!! We'll be figuring it out together!!

JosieBlue said...

Yeah, this is very cool! I love the music! It's got me doing the tango in my seat, if that's possible?
That fireman story is just sooo funny! Go Xasser!
Very cute pictures!! Love you all!! Josie

douglas said...

cute cute cute!!

Trishelle said...

Haha! That is AWESOME! Seriously, that quote ought to go into a 'Cute Kid Quote' Hall of Fame!

Alisa said...

Michelle - that is the cutest thing I ever heard! I wonder if any of your kids will become dentists...or fireman :0)

The Jensen Family said...

Great family night. Your family is very cute!

Aimee said...

Hey!! I love that you started a blog. I will invite you to ours(it's on private). That is exciting that you are the new primary president in your ward...you will do a great job!!
Our blog: carverpower.blogspot.com

Aimee